The town of Niagara, located on the Menominee River in Marinette County, derives its name from the Iroquois word for “thundering waters.” The town was established in 1914 and bills itself as “The City of Scenic Beauty.” Although the heavily forested area is beautiful any time of year, the scenery really shines when viewed in the fall from boat, car, or motorcycle.
The town has a population of 1,624 people, as recorded in the 2010 census.
The School District of Niagara, home of the Badgers, provides education for students in 4-year-old kindergarten to grade 12. The school is committed to providing a quality education to youth and provides a full suite of academic, athletic and extracurricular options. “Preparing and Educating Children for Livelong Success” is the School District of Niagara’s goal.
The school is located at 700 Jefferson Avenue in Niagara, which is approximately 90 miles north of Green Bay and one mile south of the border of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.